Tonight’s recipe is courtesy of my son and his Sesame Street book. 🙂 I have to confess that life has been very busy this past week and so there has been very little time for anything but the basics let alone baking. So that equals no photos this week sorry.
This is an easy recipe which he loves to make himself (after a few times with help) and the bonus is that it has no refined sugar in it and is also egg free for those times when our hens aren’t willing. It is a good one for wee hands to make themselves or a quick one to whip up when the need arises. Thanks Big Bird 🙂
Big Bird’s Banana Bread
3 peeled ripe bananas
1/4 – 1/2 C honey (depends how sweet you like it and how ripe your bananas are)
1/4 C melted butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.5 C whole wheat flour
- Melt butter in a small pot
- Mash bananas and mix with the melted butter
- Add baking soda, flour and honey
- Mix well until fully blended
- Pour into a lined cake tin
- Bake for 1 hour (or until the skewer comes out clean) at 180 degrees Celsius
- Cool and enjoy
Hope this finds you all happy, healthy and enjoying life.