Recently a video came up on Facebook while I was in the midst of procrastination and being the dutiful procrastinator that I can be I watched it of course 🙂 It was all about Apple Cider Vinegar and 16 uses for it.
Turns out it was a really great video. It was full of good quick tips about using Apple Cider Vinegar along with information about ACV as well as offering me something to blog about – seems my procrastinating was really working in an alternative way after all!. It also fits nicely with my upcoming blog about the Apple Cider Vinegar I have on the brew at the moment.
The link for the website and video is here however if you are like me and prefer to have something written down I thought I would outline the 16 uses of Apple Cider Vinegar below. Do watch the video though if there is one point in particular you think you’d like to try as I may have left out a bit of information you need.
16 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Banish Break outs: Use ACV at an antibacterial toner
- Soothe a sore throat: Gargle ACV with warm water (this one works and is one himself uses all the time)
- Get rid of Dandruff: Make a mix of 1 part ACV to 3 parts water and spray onto hair. Leave for an hour and then rinse off.
- Remove a wart: Soak a cotton ball in ACV and tape onto your wart/verruca and leave overnight. Repeat for a few nights and the wart/verruca will go.
- Deodorant: Kills the odour causing bacteria
- Clear a Sinus infection: Mix 1/4 C unfiltered ACV, 1/4 water, 1 Tb honey, 1 tsp cayenne and a the juice from a wedge of lemon.
- Whiten your teeth: 2 parts ACV to 1 part Baking Soda then rinse thoroughly with water as highly acidic. NB: Use caution with this one due to the high acidity
- Heal a sunburn: Apply with wash-cloth to the area.
- Clean make up brushes: 1 cup water mixed with 1 tsp ACV and pop brushes in.
- Soothe Eczema and psoriasis: Add some ACV to bath water.
- Prevent ingrown hairs: rub on the area with a cotton bud
- Detoxify your skin: Mix ACV with bentonite clay and use as a mask
- Get rid of stinky feet: Soak feet in a mixture of 1 part ACV to 4 parts water. This can be used to clear up athlete’s feet too.
- Boost your energy: ACV is rich in vitamins and minerals to making a drink of it with water is great for your system. 1 tb ACV to a mug of hot water with honey to taste or 1 tsp to a glass of cold water.
- Improve digestion: Create a salad dressing using 1/4 C ACV, 1/4 tsp pepper, 2Tb water, 1 tsp salt, juice from a lemon and 1/4 C olive oil
- Support Weight Loss: Pop some ACV into your water in the morning and throughout the day.
Hope this finds you marvelling in the wonders of ACV as I did 🙂